Dear Valley Springs Church,
As you are all aware, there have been confirmed cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Oregon. At a time like this, as Christians, it is important for us to find a full assurance of peace, faith and confidence in Jesus. We trust in him! We do not let our hearts be carried away by fear or anxiety. We remember that “from him and through him and to him are all things” (Rom 11:36). We remember that God is in control of all things and that we live for his glory.
During this time let’s pray together for each other, for our city, and for other parts of our world – that God would protect, heal, give peace to people, and bring hope and faith to many! Proverbs warns us: “If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small” (Prov. 24:10). At times, we realize that our strength indeed is small, but it is then that we turn all the more to Jesus. Remember Philippians 4:4-7, “Rejoice in the Lord always, again I will say rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” We have great reason for our hope in Jesus; let’s continue with confidence and love.
Services and small groups
1. We will be suspending normal Sunday services and events.
2. Sunday services and Small Groups will be moving online.
3. You can access Sunday service content on our Sunday Service page.
4. Small groups will be using video conferencing tools to conduct Bible discussions and hangouts. If you are not already in a small group and would like to join one, take a look at our Small Groups page to contact a group leader.
1. Almost all of the ongoing expenses for Valley Springs Church will continue. If Valley Springs Church is your church home, please be faithful and consistent in your tithes and offerings so that we are able to continue in the things Jesus has asked of us and to be able to move forward effectively when this disruption is over.
2. Because we don’t have regular Sunday morning gatherings as a place to give tithes and offerings, you can either mail a check to Valley Springs Church (968 NW Circle Blvd., Corvallis, OR 97330) or use your bank’s Online Bill Pay option.
Caring for each other
1. This is a great time and opportunity for us to care for and encourage each other! The uncertainty puts all of us a little bit on edge, but we have great reason to trust Jesus and move forward with confidence. Praying together, talking on FaceTime, and texting are all great ways for us to stay connected.
2. When friends from your small group are sick, figure out how to help them. For example, you can prepare a meal and leave it outside their door. Anything to help encourage and build up their faith and confidence that Jesus is with them.
We recognize that we are not healthcare professionals. If you would like more information please refer to some of the resources below. To our knowledge, these resources are being updated regularly:
CDC COVID-19 Summary Page
People at higher risk (CDC)
Prevention and treatment (CDC)
Benton County COVID-19 Page
Valley Springs Church Board